GEMO a.s. was founded in 1990 as GEMO OLOMOUC, spol. s r.o. The past three decades have proven how a small, almost family business has developed into a large, strong and well-functioning group that can function as a general contractor as well as an investor and developer. From the first annual turnover of CZK 28 million, the company has reached a turnover of CZK 5 billion in 2019.
- The company was founded in December 1990 by three partners.
- The launch of its own development project, the HANÁ retail and entertainment park, at the time the largest retail park in Moravia with a leasable area of over 30,000 m².
- Change in the ownership and organisational structure.
- New corporate management strategy – setting up a broad management structure consisting of division directors has a critical impact on future successful development.
- Moving to our own impressive, newly built office building in Dlouhá Street in Olomouc.
- Completion of the first building contract with a value over CZK 1 billion – the Šestka Shopping Centre in Prague-Ruzyně.
- Development of a corporate logistics park in Hněvotín near Olomouc.
- New extension of the office building in Dlouhá Street, Olomouc.
- Establishment of the subsidiary GEMO SLOVENSKO, spol. s r. o.
- The prominent Building of the Year Award, won for the first time in 2010 – for our own investment project of the renewal of a sports stadium in Olomouc; the project comprises the OMEGA Sports and Health Centre and the NH Collection Olomouc Congress Hotel.
- Transition to a holding structure, establishment of GEMO HOLDING, a.s., a member of the GEMO Group.
- Establishment of GEMO DEVELOPMENT, spol. s r.o. to pursue solely development business.
- Entry into the Slovak development market as a co-developer – the FORUM Shopping Centre project in Poprad.
- Commencement of the first stage of the largest residential project of our own, Vila Park Tabulový Vrch in Olomouc.
- Change of legal form to a joint-stock company, GEMO, a.s., and entry of the minority shareholder MANCOOL, a.s.
- Achievement of a record annual turnover in the company’s history of CZK 5 billion.
- Completion of the first 100%-owned development project in Slovakia – the NOVUM Shopping Centre in Prešov.